Saturday, April 28, 2007

Effective Communication

When it comes to building a good team, there must be good communication among members. As we are working on our group project, we are learning to communicate with each other, and it would not have been possible without Christine's hard work. As our team coordinator, she has been available to answer question and give ideas to help us stay on the same topic. She has also called members to make sure they work on their assigned role.

I have to admit it's difficult to try to build a case without hearing from each other. I personally encountered some problems when the cases were distributed Monday and it was not sent to me. I contacted three members and asked them to forward the case to me. One did not reply, the others said they forward it to me. When I checked and asked the second time, and third time, I was beginning to get frustrated as I was running out of time to work on the case.

I called Aracely and she helped me figure out the reason I was not receiving the cases. Although they were added in my address book, their emails were being sent to my junk mail. When I finally received the case, I submitted my work, and it turns out neither Christine and Matt could open my attachment because it was in Word 2007.

Some of us are trying to get our work done ahead of time, however I have a feeling that we have some procrastinators in our team. I have learned to deal with these kind of conflicts, and I am not getting stressed over this matter. As a DA, I am trying to communicate with my client as much as possible, and hope to create a strong case on his behalf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for helping me remember to be patient and for being so great about keeping me updated on where you are at with your part of the project. I really appreciate your willingness to hang in there through all of our technological difficulties.