Tuesday, May 1, 2007

iLinc Virgins

There is always a first time for everything. First friend, first kiss, first car, first online class, and Monday night was my first iLinc experience with Christine and Matt.

Since I am not familiar with iLinc, I decided to login 15 minutes early. When I encountered some difficulties, I had an agent guiding me step by step. He suddenly got disconnected because they were experiencing technical difficulties and I was all on my own. After digging through my email, I found the link from Dr. D. and followed her link. When I entered the discussion, I saw Matt and Dr. D's name and panicked because I was 10 minutes late. I typed "Hi guys" and Matt said "She is here" thinking I was Dr. D. We finally introduced ourselves, cleared up the confusion and started talking with each other. A second Matt entered the discussion, and that's when I thought it was some kind of joke.

The rest of our group members did not joined us, so we pretty much agreed to review our presentation by email. Although I couldn't hear neither Matt or Christine, I know we all had a good laugh. It was a hilarious experience for me. I am still laughing out loud as I am typing it and it is past midnight.

No comments: